We all love avocado toast, but even the best things in life need an upgrade every once in a while. Introducing Chickpea Avocado Salad on Wheat Toast! Combine avocados, the mighty chickpea, and our healthy chickpea salad dressing for a dish packed with extra protein, nutrients, and fiber — and of course, loads of flavor, too!
- 1 ½ cups (1 15-oz can) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons O’dang Honey Mustard Dressing
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons capers, minced
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 4 slices of 9-grain wheat bread
- In a medium bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork until you have a mix of smooth chickpeas with some chickpea chunks remaining.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and extract the flesh with a spoon. Transfer the avocado to another medium bowl. Add the lemon juice, O’dang Honey Mustard Dressing, salt, and pepper to the bowl and then mash the avocado mixture until mostly smooth.
- To the bowl, add the mashed chickpeas, celery, pickle, capers, and chives.
- Fold the avocado chickpea salad mixture together with a spatula until combined. Season with salt & pepper.
- Toast the wheat bread and spread with the avocado chickpea salad.