Lemon Garlic Deviled Eggs
Welcome to our current obsession: Lemon Garlic Deviled Eggs. Using our delectable Lemon Garlic vegan mayo, you’ll wow party guests with this zesty take on a classic. Do you think anyone will believe it’s made with plant-based mayonnaise?
- 6 large eggs
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons of O'dang Lemon Garlic Vegan Mayo
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
- Minced parsley or other fresh herbs, for garnish
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and fill with enough cool water to cover the eggs by an inch or two. Place the pan over high heat. Once the water reaches a boil, remove the pan from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water, tap each one gently against the counter to crack the shell in a few places, then place in the ice water for at least 1 minute. Take the eggs out of the water bath and peel them.
- Cut eggs in half down their length, from tip to bottom.
- Gently squeeze eggs to separate the yolks from the whites and use your fingers to remove the yolks. Transfer all the yolks to a small bowl. Arrange the empty whites on a platter, cut-side up.
- Mash the yolks with a fork until they are completely crumbled.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the O'dang Vegan Mayo and the mustard into the bowl with the yolks. Mix and mash the filling until you form a smooth paste. If the filling feels too stiff, add more mayonnaise a small spoonful at a time.
- Taste and season with salt and plenty of pepper as needed.
- Transfer the filling to a plastic bag or piping bag. Use a spatula to scoop all the filling into a resealable sandwich bag or piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip. Press the bag with your hands to push all the filling to one corner and press any air out of the top. If using a plastic bag, snip one corner off with a pair of scissors.
- Pipe the filling into the egg whites. Pipe the filling into the cup of each egg white, filling the cups so that the filling mounds a little over the top. Squeeze the bag from the top to force the filling downward. Alternatively, scoop the filling into the egg whites with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with paprika and fresh herbs to serve. Sprinkle a pinch of paprika and a pinch of fresh herbs over the top of each egg before serving if desired.