Bring this dish to parties for a show-stopping appetizer! Dip delectable sausage puff pastries in our honey mustard chickpea dressing for a delicious, shareable treat.
- 1 pound fresh lamb sausage, 1/2 inch thick, in a coil
- 2 sheets (1 box) frozen puff pastry, defrosted overnight in the refrigerator
- 2 tablespoons O’dang Honey Mustard Dressing, plus more for dipping
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water or milk, for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Bake the sausage on a baking sheet for 20 minutes. Turn the sausage and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until it's fully cooked. Cool to room temperature.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured board. Cut each piece in half lengthwise and brush the top sides with 2 tablespoons of O’dang Dressing.
- Divide the sausage into 4 equal pieces. Starting at the long end of the pastry, place 1 piece of the sausage on top of the O’dang Dressing and roll it up tightly, overlapping the end by 1/2 inch and sealing the pastry by brushing the edge with water. Cut off the excess pastry. Roll the other 3 pieces of sausage in puff pastry.
- Place the 4 rolls, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with the egg wash. Lightly score each roll diagonally to make 7 equal pieces.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned. Slice and serve immediately with O’dang Honey Mustard Dressing.