Our quesadilla game just seriously leveled up. If you want to join us on this new echelon of intercontinental cuisine, it's surprisingly easy to do. Our method of choice— these super-tasty Spinach Avocado Quesadillas!
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 whole wheat low carb tortillas, medium size
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- O'dang Roasted Red Pepper dressing to taste
- 3/4 California avocado, sliced
- 2/3 cup spinach leaves
- minced parsley (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, and water.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook, scraping the pan occasionally, until the eggs are scrambled and just set. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla in the pan and top half of the tortilla with ¼ each of the cheese, scrambled eggs, O'dang dressing, California avocado, and spinach.
- Fold over the other side of the tortilla to form a half-circle. Press down with a spatula as the cheese melts to seal the quesadilla. When the bottom is golden brown, flip the quesadilla and brown on the other side.
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan, cut into thirds and garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Top your quesadilla with O'dang dressing.