Southwest Stuffed Avocados
FACT: The avocado is nature's tastiest serving dish. Here's our recipe for Southwest Stuffed Avocados, which is pretty much a solid way to make yourself the most popular person in your household.
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 avocados, cut in half, seed and a small bit of flesh removed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15-oz.) organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup O’dang Garden Ranch
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 4 sprigs cilantro leaves, minced
-In a medium pot, place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 17 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Into the bowl of quinoa, add black beans, salsa, chili powder, black pepper, and olive oil. Stir to combine.
-Spoon the quinoa mixture into the center of your avocados.
- Whisk together O’dang dressing, lime juice and zest, and cayenne. Spoon over stuffed avocados, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- Take a well-earned bow and enjoy.