Falafel Pita Sandwich
We're celebrating National Falafel Day with this delicious Falafel Pita Sandwich. We heartily encourage you to join us.
- 2 cups raw chickpeas soaked in water overnight (not canned)
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 2–3 handfuls fresh parsley
- 1 handful cilantro optional
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp of salt
- Grapeseed oil (frying falafels)
- Pita bread
- Feta Cheese
- O’dang Lemon Garlic Mayo
- Drain and wash the soaked, uncooked chickpeas thoroughly and blend it well in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients until it turns into a coarse pastry.
- Form the falafel into small balls.
- Heat the oil in a small or medium sized sauce pan and fry them until the surface becomes crispy (around 5 min). Flip and fry until crispy and cooked through.
- Remove falafel balls and let cool.
- While falafel is cooling, spread O’dang mayo on pita bread.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber and finish by sprinkling with cheese.
- Finish off your sandwich with crispy falafels.