Beets stand in as a healthy, plant-based meat alternative, making these Mini Balsamic Beet Burgers as pretty as they are tasty! These burgers are a creative way to pack in nutrient dense veggies. Share them with a friend or enjoy them by yourself, but however you do it, make sure you drizzle our chickpea Balsamic Feta Dressing on top to give this colorful snack an extra zing.
- 3 beets, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil for baking
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup butter lettuce
- 1 cup avocado, mashed
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup - 1 cup O’dang Balsamic Feta Dressing
- Heat olive oil. Sauté onion 3-4 minutes. Add carrots and once cooked remove from pan. Next, saute beets. Cook, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- With a food processor or blender, blend kidney beans, beets, carrots, onions, tahini, and spices.
- Scoop out mixture onto a baking pan and form round burgers. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350.
Assemble by stacking the beet burgers, avocado, lettuce, feta, and O’dang Dressing between your burger buns.