Showcasing the combination of salty, tangy, and creamy, the Reuben is widely considered one of the tastiest sandwiches out there. As a condiment brand we might be a little biased, but we think the real unsung hero of the Reuben sandwich is the sauce. Check out this classic Reuben recipe with an O’dang twist, featuring dressing made with our Original Vegan Mayo!
- 2 slices marble rye
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons homemade O’dang dressing (see recipe below)
- 1/4 pound corned beef, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Spread the softened butter over the top and bottom of the slices of bread.
- Generously spread the O’dang dressing.
- Top one of the slices of bread with the corned beef.
- Drain the sauerkraut in a colander and place on top of the corned beef
- Add cheese and then top with the other slice of bread (O’dang dressing side down).
- Place a heavy skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Cook the sandwich until the bottom is golden brown. Carefully turn it over and cook until the other side has browned and the cheese has melted.
Homemade O’dang Dressing
- ½ cup Original O’dang Vegan Mayo
- ½ cup chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 10 small chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pimentos, canned or jarred
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer into a sealable container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.