Spicy Shrimp Tacos
Taco Tuesday is great, but everyone knows that the best day for tacos is any day that ends in “y.” Try this delightfully spicy Spicy Shrimp Taco recipe next time the taco mood strikes. And since our Roasted Red Pepper chickpea salad dressing is low-calorie, go ahead and pour it with a heavy hand.
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, shelled & de-veined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 tortillas
- 1 large avocado
- O’dang Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- Lime wedges
- Extra cilantro leaves
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cabbage, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the raw shrimp, chipotle powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and olive oil, until well coated.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat and cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Assemble the tacos by adding several pieces of shrimp and topping with a spoonful of slaw, a few slices of avocado, jalapeño, and a drizzle of O’dang dressing.