Southwest Stuffed Avocados
While we praise the chickpea for its delicious taste, texture, and nutrition, we’re all about giving credit where credit is due - and we recognize that the avocado is nature’s tastiest serving dish. Topped with O’dang’s healthy ranch salad dressing, share these Southwest Stuffed Avocados to make yourself the most popular person in your household.
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 avocados, cut in half, seed and a small bit of flesh removed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15-oz.) organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup O’dang Garden Ranch Dressing
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 4 sprigs cilantro leaves, minced
- In a medium pot, place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 17 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Into the bowl of quinoa, add black beans, salsa, chili powder, black pepper, and olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into the center of your avocados.
- Whisk together O’dang dressing, lime juice and zest, and cayenne. Spoon over stuffed avocados, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- Take a well-earned bow and enjoy.