Thai Green Papaya Salad
Stamp your culinary passport because we’re going international! Use O’dang Classic Mediterranean salad dressing for a low-calorie ingredient in this Thai Green Papaya Salad. Refreshing, plant-based, healthy, and most importantly - tasty.
- 1 red Thai chile or serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tbsp. O’dang Classic Mediterranean Dressing
- 4 oz. green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-in. pieces
- 1/2 large green papaya (about 1 1/2 lbs), or 3 unripe mangoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- seeds of your choice
- In a small bowl, soak the chile in 2 tbsp rice vinegar for 15 minutes; drain.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the beans until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Use a julienne peeler or food processor to shred the papaya (or mangoes) and carrot. Transfer to a large bowl along with bean sprouts, tomatoes, and soaked chile.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, garlic, tbsp of O’dang dressing, and remaining tablespoon rice vinegar. Toss with salad, then fold in basil.
- Serve topped with seeds if desired.