Zucchini Chickpea Veggie Burger
Prep your kitchen for a chickpea kind of day with this Zucchini Chickpea Veggie Burger. Check it out below!!
- 4 tbsp tahini, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp white miso, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp onion powder, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp ground pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp O'dang Lemon Garlic Mayo
- Combine 2 tablespoons tahini, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon miso, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in water until the mixture is smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon chives. Set aside.
- Place chickpeas, cumin, salt, and the remaining 2 tablespoons tahini, 2 teaspoons miso, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon onion powder in a food processor.
- Pulse, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides, until a coarse mixture forms that holds together when pressed. Add parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoons chives; pulse until the herbs are finely chopped and incorporated into the mixture. Transfer to a bowl.
- Squeeze zucchini in a clean kitchen towel to remove extra moisture. Add the zucchini and oats to the chickpea mixture; use your hands to combine, pressing to mash together. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until golden and beginning to crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Serve the burgers on buns with O'dang Lemon Garlic Mayo, arugula and tomato slices and prepare to be proud of yourself!