Zucchini Chickpea Veggie Burger
Can vegan burgers taste better than the real thing? We’re not going to make that claim just yet, but we can promise that these vegan chickpea burgers are pretty O’dang good. Dairy-free, egg-free, and completely vegan, spread O’dang Lemon Garlic mayo on your bun of choice and wow your taste buds while treating your body right, too.
- 4 tbsp tahini, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp white miso, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp onion powder, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp ground pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp O'dang Lemon Garlic Vegan Mayo
- Combine 2 tablespoons tahini, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon miso, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in water until the mixture is smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon chives. Set aside.
- Place chickpeas, cumin, salt, and the remaining 2 tablespoons tahini, 2 teaspoons miso, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon onion powder in a food processor.
- Pulse, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides, until a coarse mixture forms that holds together when pressed. Add parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoons chives; pulse until the herbs are finely chopped and incorporated into the mixture. Transfer to a bowl.
- Squeeze zucchini in a clean kitchen towel to remove extra moisture. Add the zucchini and oats to the chickpea mixture; use your hands to combine, pressing to mash together. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until golden and beginning to crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Serve the burgers on buns with O'dang Lemon Garlic Vegan Mayo, arugula and tomato slices and prepare to be proud of yourself!