Vegetables for breakfast?! You heard us right. At O’dang, we believe the best time to eat healthy is all the time, so we whipped up this delicious plant-based breakfast. With bold flavors, low carbs, and our chickpea-based vegan mayo to top it off, these Zucchini Feta Spinach Pancakes are great on their own, or you can pair them with your favorite breakfast meat for a smorgasbord of yum.
- 3 handfuls baby spinach, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ oil for frying
- 1⁄3 cup O’Dang Lemon Garlic Vegan Mayo
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- In a large bowl combine spinach, zucchini, scallions, eggs, and feta. Stir to mix well. Sprinkle in the flour, a bit at a time, until it is incorporated and holds together.
- Heat about 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once warmed, drop 3 scoops of batter into the skillet. Aim for about 1⁄4 cup worth of batter each. Pan fry for about 3 minutes, and then flip to fry the other side for an additional 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place the fritters on a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil, and serve warm with a dollop of O’Dang Lemon Garlic Vegan Mayo with a sprinkle of dill.